Welcome to Albatross Diving Club
Heading back into the water very soon
Nurturing National Champions!
About Albatross Diving
Albatross Diving Club is a springboard and high diving club based in Reading. We are proud of our local 40 year history and the success of our divers at Junior International, National, Regional and Local competitions. As a Swim England Diving Development Centre we work hard to spot local diving talent and are especially proud that Albatross nurtured the early talent of Chris Mears, current GB Senior Dive Team Member and 2016 Olympic Gold Medallist.
We run START Diving sessions alongside our competitive squad programme so if you think you would like to give diving a try please do get in touch. Everyone is welcome!
We are based at a new diving facility
The Abbey School Reading
Divers also benefit from dry training at our dedicated dry training centre
Rivermead Leisure Centre Reading
- Albatross Diving Club was founded in Reading in 1978 by Anne Green Jessel, our current Club President
- We have approximately 30 competitive squad members and around 40 more members involved in learn to dive and adult diving
- Our squad divers are aged from 5 years and train up to 5 times a week
- All coaches are fully qualified (Swim England L1/L2 QFC) with some having additional qualifications in lifesaving gymnastics, trampolines & rig work
- We take our commitment to child safety extremely seriously. All adult coaches are DBS checked and have attended workshops on safeguarding & protecting children in sport. The club has been awarded Swim Mark accreditation from Swim England
- Many divers know Albatross through attending our novice interclub competition. This highly popular event attracts over 150 divers from clubs across the country to Reading each summer
To find out more about our club and the sport of diving
check out our fully interactive club handbook by clicking here
You can view online in your browser or download as PDF