Albatross Diving Club is dedicated to
the advancement of excellence in diving
and the personal fulfilment and achievement
of all those involved with the sport
Albatross Diving Club has been in Reading since 1978. We are extremely proud of our local history and the ongoing success of our divers at Junior International, National, Regional and Local competitions. We work hard to spot local diving talent and are especially proud that Albatross nurtured the early talent of Chris Mears, current GB Senior Dive Team Member and Olympic Gold Medallist (Rio 2016).
We run a thriving Learn to Dive programme and adult diving alongside our competitive squad training.
- Albatross train at Central Pool in Reading.
- The club was founded in December 1978 by Anne Green Jessel, our current Club President.
- The Club has approximately 30 competitive diving squad members . We also run a Learn to Dive Programme with another 60 members.
- Our coaches and assistant coaches are all fully qualified with a Swim England Level 1 or Level 2 Award in coaching Diving (QFC). Some coaches have additional qualifications in Lifesaving, Gymnastics, Trampoline & Rig-work.
- All adult coaches are DBS checked and will have attended a Swim England endorsed workshop on Safeguarding & Protecting Children.
- Our divers are aged from 5 years and train up to 5 times a week depending on their level.
- Albatross runs a highly successful Invitational Novice Competition in June each year which attracts over 150 divers from other Clubs around the Country.
- In September 2007, Albatross became the first stand alone diving club in the country to receive the Swim England Swim Mark (previously Swim 21).
Wet Facilities: 1 x 1m Platform, 2 x 1m Springboard, 1 x 3m Springboard, 1 x 5m Platform, Video Replay
Dry Facilities: 2 x Dry-boards with overhead Rig, Somersault & Twisting Belts, 2 x Tramp, Large Matted Area