Albatross Diving Club was founded in December 1978 by Anne Jessel, who is now the President of the Club.
- Albatross train at Central Pool in Reading. The Club has approximately 30 competitive diving squad members competing at Novice, Skills, National and Elite Levels. We also run a Learn to Dive Programme of another 60 members.
- Our 6 full time coaches and assistant coaches are all qualified at Level 1 or Level 2 standard and have lifeguard qualifications. Some coaches have additional qualifications in Gym, Tramp & Rigwork.
- All coaches are DBS checked.
- Our divers train up to 5 times per week depending on their level and capabilities.
- Our divers are aged from 5 years to 18 years of age.
- We are successful at all levels of competition from Novice through to National Standard.
- Albatross runs its own Invitational Novice Competition in June each year which attracts over 150 divers from other Clubs around the Country.
- In September 2007, Albatross became the first stand alone diving club in the country to receive the Swim21 accredited Kitemark.
Wet Facilities: 1 x 1m Platform, 2 x 1m Springboard, 1 x 3m Springboard, 1 x 5m Platform, Video Replay
Dry Facilities: 1 x Dryboard with overhead Rig, Somersault & Twisting Belts, 2 x Tramp, Large Matted Area